Wednesday, March 10, 2010
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- A Celtic Cross at Lent
- John Yieh, Inaugural Lecture as Full Professor
- Brown Symposium, Day 3
- Sunday Morming at the Brown Symposium
- At Brown University
- The 2010 Mid Atlantic Regional SBL Meeting
- Eisenbrauns 2010 Valentine's Day Contest
- Mini-lecture Video: LGBT in Ancient Egypt
- Lent 1: Deuteronomy 26
- SBL Survey: The World of the Bible
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.