Friday, December 19, 2008

My Daughter Meets Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra



Last year at this time, Becca was terrified of Santa, so this year we took her to meet Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra (aka Prof. David Gortner). The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey... (to read more, click here). (And, yes, that's Prof. Roger Ferlo in the background.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Cook, I'm glad to see Nicholas visit VTS. The Bishop visited Grace a few weeks ago; perhaps you recognize him http://seekingservant.livejournal.com/216174.html. I'm a Postulant now & hope to school at VTS. I'll visit you soon, I hope. Peace be with you & yours this wonderful Christmastide.

Sat Dec 20, 12:03:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger S and C said...

David, You look great in these shots!

Mon Dec 22, 12:07:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home