Friday, September 07, 2007
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Prof. Cook's Current Hot Books:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- The Rev. Frank Logue's Recollections of Studying H...
- Yesterday's Labor Day Picnic at the Seminary
- 2008 MAR-SBL Plenary Speaker
- MAR-SBL Call for Papers
- This Year's VTS Convocation
- Our VTS Dean's Blog ("Dean's Commentary")
- Now Online: My Review of Jon Levenson on Resurrect...
- Planning the 2008 Mid-Atlantic Regional Society of...
- Passing of Dr. Ted Mauch
- Now in Print: NIDB Volume 2
Support this Site by Visiting my A-Store!
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.