Tuesday, March 06, 2007
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Prof. Cook's Current Hot Books:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- News From China: Rebecca Has Arrived!
- Best of Blog (5): Isaiah 55 set to Music
- Best of Blog (4): 'Ain Dara Temple
- Best of Blog (3): Humor: The 10 Commandments
- Best of Blog (2): The Land of Israel
- Best of Blog (1): Psalm 133 Calligraphy
- While I'm in China...
- Whence Comes God's Pain in Labor (Isaiah 42)?
- God "Like a Woman in Labor" (Isaiah 42)
- Biblical Studies Carnival XV Call for Submissions
Support this Site by Visiting my A-Store!
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.