Tuesday, March 13, 2007
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Prof. Cook's Current Hot Books:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Best of Blog (9): The Wilderness Tabernacle
- Best of Blog (8): Genesis 31 and the Teraphim
- Best of Blog (7): "Bride Wealth"
- Best of Blog (6): Images of Isaiah's Suffering Ser...
- Rebecca Loves Dancing and Clapping to Music
- A Trip to the Park Atop Chongqing
- Photo with Rebecca's Nanny at Fuling
- Road Trip to Fuling
- Dinner with Rebecca...
Support this Site by Visiting my A-Store!
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.