Monday, January 15, 2007
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Prof. Cook's Current Hot Books:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Non-Violent Resistance: A Few Theological Reflecti...
- More on the Divisions Troubling the Church
- U2 and Martin Luther King
- Apple's New iPhone?
- John Scott's Composition of Psalm 84
- The Ewer from Canaanite Lachish
- Beth Shemesh
- Rutter, "For the Beauty of the Earth"
- "Something to Blog"
- Castagno, David with Head of Goliath
Support this Site by Visiting my A-Store!
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.