Tuesday, December 19, 2006
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Prof. Cook's Current Hot Books:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- Nativity, Petrus Christus, 1450
- Fern Seeds and Elephants
- Update on "Episcopal Division"
- Text of Today's News Release from the Diocese of V...
- My Opinion Re: "7 Virginia parishes vote to quit U...
- Preaching the Fourth Sunday of Advent, Micah 5:2-5...
- Virtual Advent Calendar (12/18/2006)
- Photos from the Party!
- Relating Faith to Understanding (Discussion of Pol...
- Without Hanukkah, There Could Be No Christianity!
Support this Site by Visiting my A-Store!
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.