Monday, October 30, 2006

New Blog Poll: The Theological Interpretation of Scripture

As I posted recently, the discussion continues over at Kevin Wilson's BlueCord blog on whether Bible classes at a Liberal Arts college should should be "theological." The discussion gave me the idea for a new blog poll, which I'll again do in partnership with the MAR-SBL site. Click Here to vote!

The poll's format does not allow for long-worded phrasing, yet I wanted to capture at least the flavor of the current discussion. This is what I ended up with:

Should Bible Classes at a Liberal Arts College be Theological?

A) No, they should teach historical-criticism.
B) Well, all readers necessarily bring "theological" assumptions and questions to class.

C) Scripture is an irreducibly theological animal.
D) I agree with both the two preceding responses.
E) I look at things differently than the above.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home