Sunday, September 24, 2006
About MeGreetings! I am a researcher, scholar, author, and a full professor of Hebrew Bible / Old Testament. To learn more about me, please check out the following links:
Prof. Cook's Current Hot Books:
Did you Know: This blog is interactive. You (yes, You!) can add your questions and post your comments. Each blog-entry has a comments link at the end. Go ahead, try it!
- That's "Cubits," not "Cupids" dummy!
- Monty Python - International Philosophy It's a hil...
- New Blog Poll: Politics and the Professor's Lecter...
- Rosh Hashanah
- To Be Gathered to One's People
- Royal "Interior Design" in Biblical Judah
- We Have Our Winners
- New Blog Contest!
- Call for Papers!
- Teaching Slide: Tel Dan Inscription
Support this Site by Visiting my A-Store!
Duties of a son, from The Story of Aqhat: To erect a stele for his ancestral gods; to build a family shrine in the sanctuary; to guard his footsteps from earth to underworld; to take his hand when he is drunk; to put his arm over one's shoulder when he is full of wine; to eat a funeral meal in the temple of Ba'al; to offer a sacrifice in the house of El.